May 21, 2008

1,393,602

That's how many projects I have to finish! Ok, not quite that many. But close. It seems like every time I finish one project, I take on 3 more. I can't say no! Or is it that I don't want to say no? I like doing things for people, I need to do things for myself, my house, my family, I feel obligated to do things for other reasons.

I know I'm able to say no. For instance, all those telemarketers that call me 10 times a day. The last one was for "Celebrity Meats". I usually just hang up without saying anything, but sometimes I like to let them get excited and think they're going to make a sale, before I give them the bad news. I let him go through his whole speech about how convenient it would be for them to deliver all my meat needs right to my house, every week. Then I told him I was a vegetarian (I'm really not, anymore, but I would like to be!). All he could think of to say was, "Well. Thanks for not yelling at me. You have a very pretty voice. By." I think he said that thing about the pretty voice because the first thing he said at the beginning of the call was, "Aww, hey! Is your mommy home? Can I talk to the grown up?"

Back to saying no... I think I really like having so many projects to work on! I get bored working on the same one, so it is good being able to switch gears and do something else for a while. It sure makes for a cluttered house at times, though. We live in a 900 sq. ft. duplex, and there is no special room for these things. The living room and kitchen end up also being the scrapbooking room, sewing room, school room, and office. Luckily my husband doesn't mind eating dinner on the couch!

Did all you mothers out there in internet land have a happy mother's day?


We went to Carkeet Park in Seattle. Bubble Man was there, with thralls of children running after hundreds of bubbles bigger than their heads. Kade was my tour guide through the kids area. He was born for this job, I think. I don't know where he gets some of the phrases I hear coming out of his mouth!

"Come right this way, we are on the best adventure of your life!"


"Careful over the Bridge of Awesomeness. It actually is supposed to wiggle like that, you know."

"Step on over, crawl through the Tunnel of Darkness! You go in this side and come out that side! And, it used to be.....a......TREEEE!!!!!!! I cannot believe it!"


"Now be careful and step on these rocks. Don't put your foot on the ground because it's lava! And that means it's hot!"

"Finally we are to the ULTIMATE POWER FISH SLIDE!!!!" (Insert echo microphone and strobe lights here)


On our way back to the car, Kade tripped over a rock and scraped up his palms. Something like that always happens, right when he's the happiest, right when I am thinking, "that went well." As soon as the screaming was over and bandaids were applied, all was calm again.

Next, we had a campfire, complete with hot dogs and smores. There is something about campfires... listening to the warm crackling, staring into the dancing flames, having family around... it was like a mini vacation! Makes me really excited for our "'real" vacation in a couple weeks. I can't wait to play in the ocean, and to sit at a campfire way past dark, with a blanket around me, with nowhere else to go.

No comments: